The Okuma Azores 9000 Spin Reel is the biggest available reel in the Azores range.
- DFD: Precision Dual Force Drag System.
- Precision click drag adjustment for more precise drag settings.
- Multi-disc, Carbonite and felt drag washers for DFD.
- 6HPB + 1RB corrosion-resistant stainless steel bearings.
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing plus ratchet system.
- Dual anti-reverse systems for maximum security for sizes 55 to 90.
- Single anti-reverse systems for Z-40s models.
- Precision machine cut brass pinion gear.
- CRC: Corrosion-resistant coating process.
- HDGII: Corrosion-resistant, high-density gearing.
- ALC: Rigid die-cast aluminium body, side plate, and rotor.
- MSS: Carbon Mechanical Stabilizing System.
- Machined aluminium, 2-tone anodized spool with LCS lip.
- Machined aluminium handle arm for strength.
- Hydro Block watertight drag seal.
- Heavy-duty, solid aluminium bail wire.
Mechanical Stabilizing System (MSS)
The Mss Mechanical Stabilizing System for spinning reel is new exclusive Okuma technical design, the carbon plates increase the stability, as well as help, eliminate the vibration, integrally the MSS makes the reel running mechanically perfect. Mechanical Stabilizing System (MSS) divider.
Dual Force Drag System
DFD incorporates both surfaces of the spool to maximize high-end drag pressure, efficiency, and overall smoothness. Mounted in the top of the spool and protected by the Hydro Block system is a multi-disc felt drag system that works in conjunction with a secondary drag system that is mounted on the spool. Even pressure is applied to both surfaces of the spool for maximum stability and significantly increased drag output compared to traditional single drag systems. Dual Force Drag System divider
Knurled Spool Design
Knurling band on spool arbor increases friction and provides a locking point for braid which eliminates slipping and the need for backing resulting in maximum line capacity. Knurled Spool Design divider
AlumiLite Construction (ALC)
Rigid die-cast aluminium body, side plate, and rotor: AlumiLite Construction incorporates Okuma's rigid aluminium body technology, alum frames are stronger and more rigid and are capable of withstanding more pressure and torque than traditional graphite frames. These lightweight, die-cast alum frames provide more precise tolerances for precision gear alignment, maximum stability, and ultimate durability. AlumiLite Construction (ALC) divider.
Aluminum Material with Strong Anti-Corrosion Feature
The unique feature of its anti-corrosion characteristic performs extraordinarily well and is with the resistance of 50% stronger than the general material in the market. Aluminum Material with Strong Anti-Corrosion Feature divider
High-Performance Bearing (HPB)
6 high-performance ball bearings provide the Azores with outstanding smoothness and reliability in saltwater fishing environments. The balls used on the HPB's are constructed from the same high-grade stainless steel material as the bearing housing. High-Performance Bearing (HPB) divider Machine Cut Aluminum Handle
A rigid machine cut aluminium handle arm increases cranking power and performance. Ergonomic oval handle knob offers comfort for all fishing conditions. Machine Cut Aluminum Handle divider Oversize Main Shaft
A thicker main shaft and robust metal bushing can withstand 3 times the axial impact pressure of traditional designs.
Divided Dual Anti-Reverse System
The Azores features Okuma's trusted Quick Set anti-reverse system and a backup multi-stop anti-reverse system for increased durability and reliability in all fishing conditions. Dual Anti-Reverse System divider
Pinion Gear Supported With 2 Ball Bearings
An extra bearing supports the pinion gear for improved gear meshing and smooth transfer of power under heavy pressure.