Din766 Galvanized Auto Winch Anchor Chains
Available sizes 6mm, 7mm, 8mm and 10mm. Lengths from 1 metre to 600 metres Din766 Grade
DIN766 grade Auto winch short link Chain
Suitable for use with most anchor winches & all chain anchor lines.
Windlass Anchor Chain
- The chain is made up of a series of connected chain links.
- Chain size refers to the diameter of the link material.
- There are many different types of chain and standards on chain link dimensions in the world. (e.g. DIN 766 and ISO 818 for the short-link chain).
- If you are replacing existing chain you will need to ensure that you have the right size.
- For an anchor windlass to function correctly, it is absolutely essential that the anchor chain is correctly matched to the windlass gypsy.
- If you are installing on a new automatic windlass then you will need a type referred to as short link chain DIN 766.
What is DIN 766 Short Link Chain
This is an agreed metric for chain link dimensions. It is now an industry standard and all windlass manufacturers build their product to suit this size chain.