NZ Eel Fyke 3 Funnel Net wing is 10ft long
Product no.: EF
You save NZ$25.01
In stock can ship within 3 Business days
Possible delivery methods: $8.99 NZ Small up to 5kg, $13.99 up to 15 kg North Island, Click And Collect Approx. 2 to 3 days, $23.99 up to 15 kg South Island, $39.99 15kg to 25kg South Island
EEL FYKE NET
- Front hoop 400mm diameter.
- The wing is 3.7m long with eight floats and 22 lead weights.
- Total length 6m.
- Hoops are #6 Swire.
- Total of 4 chambers. 3 with anti-swimback netting.
- Professionally made.
- These nets are very easy to set.
- Put bait into a container with holes in it, into the back of the Eel Fyke Net.
- Stake both ends of the net into the riverbed or stream.
- The wing must face downstream.
- Ensure that the front hoop sits flat on the bottom and is stable.
- For best catches, you need to find the right bait for where you are fishing, but generally, fresh bait is more successful for catching eels.
- You will find different Eeling rivers and streams can require different baits.
Click here for the MPI Fisheries Regulations of NEW ZEALAND SHORTFIN AND LONGFIN EELS.
General netting restrictions
- No person may set or possess more than one drag net, set net, fyke net, or any other type at any time.
- Nets must be hauled by hand.
- Any net or nets used either individually or jointly must not extend across more than one-quarter of the width of any river, stream, channel, bay or sound.
- No person may set or use a baited net (except fyke nets).
- Nets must not be staked (except fyke nets).
- No net may be used in a way that causes fish to be stranded by the falling tide (stalling).
- Each end of a set net must have a surface float permanently and legibly marked with the fisher’s initials and surname.
- A phone number is also helpful.
- Only one float is required for fyke nets.