American Style Cast Nets for catching your own bait
8ft, 12ft Radius in 25mm Mesh Size
12ft Radius in 64mm Mesh Size
Basic Cast Net Structure
- Swivel: two metal loops or rings attached together, that turn at both ends.
- Hand line: a rope which is attached to the swivel on one end, with the other end attached to the caster's wrist.
- Horn: a ring with an indentation around the centre, where the top of the net is tied.
- Lead Line: a rope with sinkers attached. This rope is at the outside perimeter of the net to sink it.
- Brail Lines: lines attached to the swivel at one end and to the leadline at the other. Their function is to pucker the net, thus trapping the catch.
- Netting: made from nylon multifilament or monofilament to form the desired mesh.
Please see below showing the radius of the cast net. This is the measurement used when selecting cast net size.