Small Fish Fishing Net Mesh Un-Slung. This does not have Ropes, Floats or Sinkers
Hank Lengths 180m or 120m. Colour Clear
Mesh is used to making two types of Fishing nets.
1) Nets you drag
2) Nets you set and leave for a few hours.
- 0.35mm is the Diameter / Thickness of the nylon used to make the net.
- 0.35mm is 15lb breaking strain and is used for fish up to the size of a man's hand. Approx: 8-9 inches
- Large fish like Mullet, Snappers, Kahawai, Black Snapper use 0.50mm, 0.60mm or even 0.70mm.
- For nets that you drag, you use the smaller mesh size. So the heads of the fish do not get stuck in the mesh
- For nets that you set you to use a larger size. So heads do get stuck in the mesh and this holds fish for you.
- For Example: In NZ for Pilchards you would use 1-1/4" for a Dragnet and 2-00" of 2-1/4" for the set net.
- You need to choose a mesh based on the local size of your fish in your region.
- As a rough guide, measure around your target fish at where the gills are. This will give you some idea of what mesh to buy.
- If the mesh is too big, fish will go straight through the mesh. If the fish are too small then they will not get gilled except the small ones.