CRC Prep It Sanding Primer Aerosol 400ml
CRC Prep It is a single pack high build easy-sanding metal primer with a grey finish. Formulated with anti-corrosive zinc complexes, it outlasts most high build primers by inhibiting corrosion and forms a quick-drying protective coating with excellent adhesion to bare metal.
CRC Prep It is ideal as a general-purpose primer and filler coat over bare metal or as an intermediate coat over CRC Zinc It, Prime It, Rust Converter or Etch It or to facilitate high build and prepare the surface prior to finish coating. It can be applied directly over CRC polyester automotive fillers.
High build and easy sanding allow for surface preparation to promote a top-quality high gloss topcoat finish. Choosing a product of CRC’s Zinc Coating range as a topcoat will provide maximum protection and a superior finish. If other colours are required, CRC Prep It is compatible with most standard decorative paint systems for metals.
Features and Benefits
- High Build, Easy Sanding – Ideal as a primer coat over bare metal or intermediate coat
- Zinc enriched for corrosion protection
- Excellent adhesion to bare metal
- Heat Resistance – Up to 120 deg
- Fast-drying – Touch dry in 20 minutes, recoat immediately, full cure in 24 hours
- Ready to Use Aerosol – No additional mixing or chemical additives required. Easy application. No cleanup
- Grey finish
- Does not contain CFCs, methylene chloride
- Compatible with most standard decorative paint systems for metals
- MPI Approved C23
- Structural steel or frames – Welded seams, spot welding repairs, rivet holes, signs and signposts, pipes, roofs
- Industrial – Equipment and machinery, machine housings
- Farm equipment – Water tanks, tank stands, fences, gates, animal raceways in milking sheds and yards, farm implements and tractor drawbars, metal junction, terminal boxes, pump equipment, corrugated metal buildings
- Roading and Construction – Bridges, guard rails, lamp stands, signs
- Car or caravan – Inner door panels, tow bars, exhaust tailpipes and wheel protection under hub caps
- At home – On iron railings, roofing and spouting, gutters, plumbing, ducting, radio and TV aerials, outdoor fixtures, hinges, fences and gates, wrought iron, air conditioning and refrigeration units
J - 26.03.21