MasterVolt ChargeMaster Plus 24/110-2
All-in-one solution for faster and safer charging
ChargeMaster Plus is the next generation of battery chargers that integrates multiple functions into one single device. Replacing auxiliary chargers, battery isolators, and VSR, ChargeMaster Plus reduces system complexity and cost. Designed for versatility, it charges virtually any combination of two batteries in a fast and safe way and works anywhere in the world.
Powerful Communications thanks to CZone integration
In modern applications, all electrical components work together. The CAN-based MasterBus enables the ChargeMaster Plus to communicate with displays, shunts, and power systems including communication standards like CZone®, NMEA 2000 and CANopen (through additional interfaces).
Models with the addition CZone do not only support MasterBus, but also support CZone and NMEA 2000 communication, without the need for additional interfaces. This ChargeMasters Plus series can be configured via MasterBus or will accept a CZone configuration file just like any other CZone device. Other communication standards like Modbus, CANopen, LinBus, etc. are supported via additional interfaces.
This wide range of communication interfaces makes the ChargeMaster Plus ideally suited for system integration. In addition, the ChargeMaster Plus can operate as a power supply for delicate communication equipment, or during the construction phase of a boat.
- Multicharger with two outputs, DC-DC converter, and current limiter.
- Combine Lithium Ion, Gel, or AGM, and large or small battery banks on a single battery charger.
- Extended specifications: offers 20 percent more output at 14.4 V and 80 percent charging power at 60 C.
- Safe Charge quickly recognize the State of Charge for extended battery life.
- Very wide operating range of 80-275 V AC, 35-70 Hz.
- Compact, easy to connect, and quick to install.
With the new Battery’s Best Friend architecture, ChargeMaster Plus is capable of charging a multitude of battery chemistries, sizes and voltages. All batteries are charged with the fast and safe 3-step+ charge method. Other unique features are:
- Revival mode: automatically revives even fully depleted batteries.
- Multi-voltage: charge 12 V starter battery in a 24 V system, without additional components.
- Priority Charge: redirect available power to the lowest battery, for faster charging.
- Global Charging
The ChargeMaster Plus handles worldwide AC voltages and frequencies. Resisting large voltage fluctuations and high temperatures, it keeps working in harsh environments. For marine and mobile markets, the ChargeMaster Plus is CE, ABYC, UL, SAE, CEC/DOE, and RCM/C-Tick compliant.
Nowadays, equipment must be self-explaining. The ChargeMaster Plus displays the charge phase of all outputs in an understandable way. Robust and ergonomic connections save installation time.
- Communication and monitoring
- Communication interfaces Master Bus, CZone, NMEA 2000
- General specifications
- Nominal output voltage 24 V
- Secondary output voltage 14.25 /28.5 V (12/24 V)
- Max. output current primary output: 110 A
- Max. output current secondary output: 5-15 A at 12 V / 5-20 A at 24 V (adjustable)
- Total charge current 110 A at 28.8 V
- Max. AC current (230 V / 120 V): 15.75 A / 31.5 A
- A number of battery outlets 2 (max.)
- Battery bank size 400-1000 Ah
- Nominal input voltage 120/230 V (80-275 V) 50/60 Hz
- AC connection screw terminals, suitable for up to 6 mm²
- Power supply mode yes
- Galvanic isolation yes
- Display/read-out LED
- Dimensions, hxwxd 384 x 250 x 127 mm
- 15.1 x 9.8 x 5.0 inch
- Weight 6.3 kg
- 13.9 lb
- Compliance CE, ABYC, UL1236, SAE J1171, ISO 8846, CEC/DOE, RCM/C-Tick, RRR
- Technical specifications
- Charge characteristic: IUoUo, automatic / 3-step plus for Gel/AGM/flooded/Lithium Ion plus user defined option
- Temperature compensation -60 mV/°C / -76 mV/ F; incl. temperature sensor
- DC voltage compensation: through automatic compensation or MasterShunt
- Power consumption (DC side) < 2 mA (MasterBus off)
- Current Control function: yes, through MasterBus or CZone
- Power factor control yes, > 0.98
- Temperature range (ambient temp.): -25 C to 80 C, derating > 40 C
- -13F to 176F
- Cooling Vario fan
- Protection degree IP23, vertical mounting
- Protections over-temperature, overload, short circuit, high/low battery voltage, ignition protection
- Charger Status Interface (alarm contact): yes, using a Multipurpose Contact Output (code 77030500)
THIS ITEM IS SHIPPED DIRECTLY FROM OUR LOCAL SUPPLIERS
PRODUCT CODE MC24/110-2
J - 20.07.22